You have no clue, brothers and sisters.
I am going to picture a scenario wherein the United States is attacked by its enemies, but not in the manner that we have traditionally been led to believe. For those of us old enough to remember the school drills where children and teachers were taught to dive under chairs and desks to avoid the nuclear blast, the picture of a mushroom cloud on the horizon has become the iconic symbol of the coming apocalypse. If the burning blast does not kill you the soon-to-arrive nuclear fallout will decompose your body and organs via radiation sickness.
Fortunately that scenario is illogical and unlikely to happen. Why? Because every nuclear capable nation (there are nine according to a new report from the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute – the United States, Russia, United Kingdom, France, China, India, Pakistan, Israel and North Korea that possess approximately 16,300 nuclear weapons in total) would, in effect, be committing suicide. Our infrastructure would be destroyed, farming would be a thing of the past, and water sources will be contaminated. Countries that depend on the United States for their food imports would see famine and unparalleled poverty. We are a global economy and what happens on Wall Street is felt in every stock exchange throughout the world.
So what would an enemy of the United States have to do to destroy our status as a super power? Simple. It would need one sufficiently strong nuclear explosion detonated over the geographic center of the U.S. (Kansas) at a burst altitude of 300 miles. This is called an EMP or Electromagnetic Pulse. The result would be the incapacitation of any device that contains semiconductors or transistors and that is the majority of all our appliances, modes of transportation (cars, buses, trucks, etc), electrical grids, iPhones, laptops (sorry, no more Internet). If you have a hat and coat, good walking shoes, bicycles, and a wood burning stove you are in good shape.
Let’s take it a step farther. The banks will close immediately. If you have cash, it will quickly lose its value. 50 cent on the dollar, 20 cents on the dollar, 10 cents on the dollar. Get the picture?
Fortunately, I have some suggestions for you but if you are like most people, you will wait until the last minute and by then it will be too late. You’re either prepared or dead. Hasta la vista, baby!
- You will still have the ability to trade or barter for what you need with neighbors. To grow your food you need seeds, water, and enough land to cultivate. A neighborhood garden is the best idea. Choose vegetable seeds that are easy to grow and have a long growing season. Tomatoes, squash, pumpkin, watermelons, beans, corn and chilies (Asian plates are spicy for a reason – healthy diets). Amazon.com carries many books on organic gardening and how to maintain a healthy patch to keep disease and pests out.
- Store enough can goods, enough for a family of six for six months. Buy sacks of flour, beans, rice (Costco and Sam’s Club), and some baking powder.
- Install a roof water collection system wherein rain run-off goes down a gutter pipe system into several water barrels.
- Store enough medications to last you six months. Eventually, those suffering from diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease will have to learn to eat properly and partake from all food groups to stay alive without complications. You will need to eliminate your dependence on pharmaceuticals. Older people will have a hard time. Sorry, many will die.
- Buy at least two shotguns, two revolvers, and several thousand rounds for each. The shot guns to protect your home and the revolvers when you have to venture out. As you purchase ammo, use cash only and buy in small quantities as stores are required to report anyone who purchases large quantities of ammunition. You want to remain invisible to military and police authorities as they will view you as a threat. Never use weapons to steal what you need but rather to defend what you have. Gangs will become the new rule of law. Stand your ground. The OK Corral, folks.
- Buy a police scanner, they are relatively cheap. A ham radio would be better but they cost a bit more. An AM/FM radio is a must and preferably solar powered with a hand generator. Regular batteries won’t last but a few weeks, unless you buy rechargeable batteries and a solar recharger.
- Whether you stay in the city or live in the countryside it makes little difference. Just make sure you have access to water and wood. Buy a water filter (you can make one or order online) and water purification tablets.
- You’ll need an ax, saw, hammer and many nails, and basic screwdrivers.
- Invest in a solar panel kit (about $200). Have candles on hand, as well as old-fashion lanterns with replacement oil (rubbing alcohol serves as a good substitute.
- Almost forgot. Face masks with filters and Potassium Iodide tablets for radiation sickness.
- For injuries get a military-style first aid kit that includes needle and thread, antibiotics, surgical knives and a field manual that will teach you how to save a life.
- A Faraday cage or Faraday shield is an enclosure used to block electromagnetic fields. or protective materials that resist EMP damage can minimize the damage. A Faraday cage has an electrically conductive outer layer and a non-conductive inner layer. The purpose of this box is to protect any electronics inside it in case of an EMP. Easily purchased online – Amazon.com
All of these items may cost you maybe $4,000 to $5,000 but charge it to your credit card as the banks will no longer be able to collect from everyone in default once the shit hits the fan. They may keep your money but neither do you owe them anything given the circumstances. The bastards.
P.S. You may reproduce this article, just give credit and place a link to my website, independenceday.pro.